Homeowners are STILL responsible for their house payment.
Here are the proper steps to take:
- Secure your property.
- Contact your insurance provider.
- Contact your lender.
- Contact your creditors.
- Explore public benefits for what you may be eligible for.
- Suspend utilities if you aren’t in your home.
- Watch out for scams.
- Hire a qualified contractor.
- Ask for and apply for disaster relief at www.disasterassistance.gov
Contact AHR for help with your personal situation: Barbara Holland; 615-251-0025 x 242
Image credit: Matt McClain/The Washington Post via Getty Images